48 Hour Film Competition Guidelines
1) The competition begins on 7pm Friday the 15th of November as teams pick up their competition starter packs at a to be confirmed location. Teams then have 48 hours to shoot, edit AND deliver a digital version of the final film by 7pm Sunday the 17th of November.
2)Films must be a minimum of one minute and no longer than five minutes in length. Not including credits. (Credits must be no longer than 30 seconds).
3) Teams can be a minimum of one person and a maximum of five.
4) Each team member must complete the registration form and pay the $10 entry fee. This includes the $2 Chilliwack Film Society membership fee.
5) In order to ensure each film is made within the allotted 48 hours, there will be three random elements that must be included in each film by whatever creative means a team sees fit. These can include, but are not limited to a specific line of dialogue, a prop, a location etc.
6) Minors must have the written permission of a guardian to participate in the competition. All minors will not be allowed to the 19+ award ceremony due to licensing.
7) Prior to the 48 hour competition, teams are allowed to write the script, source actors and crew etc.
8) Make the movie and have fun!
For films outside of the 48 Film Competition, submissions are now closed for the third edition of the Chilliwack Independent Film Festival, taking place November 22-24th, 2019.
Submissions for the fourth edition of the Chilliwack Independent Film Festival opens December 1st. We accept feature films, shorts, documentaries, music videos and animation from across Canada and the rest of the world. Special focus is also given to filmmakers/content created locally in British Columbia. The Chilliwack Independent Film Festival proudly accepts entries exclusively via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submission platform.